Thursday, October 07, 2010

Quotes

Quotes are one of my most favorites things. They can make you smile, make you think deeper, make you dream and sometimes make you want to cry. It is astounding what a few choice words can do to touch your heart. I'll probably end up posting quotes a lot, but for now I have two today. 

The first was posted by my friend Aubrie and I LOVE her. She is one of my favorite people. She's such a sweetheart and sent me this one at a pretty inspired time, if I do say so myself :)


Our Father in heaven needs us as we are, as we are
growing to become. He has intentionally made us
different from one another so that even with our
imperfections we can fulfill his purposes. My greatest
misery comes when I feel I have to fit what others
are doing, or what I think others expect of me. I am
 most happy when I am comfortable being me and
trying to do what my Father in heaven and
I expect me to be.
I have given up seeing myself as a flawed person…
Giving this up has freed me to embrace
 and rejoice in my own manner and personality
in the measure of my creation.

Somewhere, somehow the Lord "blipped the message
onto my screen" that my personality was created to fit
precisely the mission and talents he gave me.
Miraculously, I have found that I have untold
 abundant sources of energy to be myself. But the
 moment I indulge in imitation of my neighbor,
I feel fractured and fatigued and find myself
forever swimming upstream. When we frustrate
God's plan for us, we deprive this world and
God's kingdom of our unique contributions,
 and a serious schism settles in our soul. God never
 gave us any task beyond our ability to accomplish it.
 We just have to be willing to do it our own way.
We will always have enough resources for
being who we are and what we can become.

-Sister Patricia Holland-  

and two I heard during last semester at school... I don't remember when.

Every person who lives in this world radiates light, which affects and influences every other person in the world.
The radiance of the light that emanates from our countenance is determined by the choices we make, and is a powerful force in human relationships.
The Savior was conscious of that reality. Whenever He came into the presence of an individual He was conscious of a light emanating from that person's soul, and which was mirrored in his countenance. He knew the behavior and conduct, and the choices a person had made because that behavior and those choices were reflected by the radiating light in one's countenance.
My dear brothers and sisters, we must make nobler choices. We must not encourage vile thoughts or low aspirations. We shall radiate them if we do. Every moment of life we are affecting, to a degree, the life of every other person with whom we may come in contact, and who comes within the sphere of our influence.
Every person is affecting every other person who lives. We cannot for one moment escape this emanation, this radiation of light that emanates from our countenance.
Life is a constant state of radiation and absorption of light. To exist is to radiate light; to exist is to be the recipient of light. And we choose the qualities we permit to be radiated by the light within us, determined by our behavior, and by the choices we make.

-David O. Mkay

Pretty powerful stuff right? I love it. 

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment