So, I thought I'd take the challenge from the blog of my friend Kyli Larson to write about everything I've learned this week.
1. Sleep Deprivation does things to you.
I know I know, obviously right? But you see, I've never had any serious effects from it. I don't get loopy unless it’s been more than 72 hours, I don't get crabby, and I have never fallen asleep at the wheel or anything of the sort. But as I was running on less than 9 hours of sleep in the last 3 days, I got home from church after subbing for primary, and was going to watch a movie when I realized I was REALLY SAD. Not just a, oh it’s been a long day, sort of a sad, but just straight up depressed! Which, at this point, in my life is pretty unusual. I'M in control of my happiness, but this time I couldn't control it. So, I went to bed, took a 4 hour nap, and woke up as dapper as usual!
2. Being single is not a difficult thing to be.
It might be a difficult problem to deal with emotionally, but staying single, the act itself, is not a hard one to accomplish. Haha Trust me, I've been doing it for a while... *sigh*
3. I have an incredible Mother that people love and trust deeply.
I already knew this, but it is reconfirmed on a regular, almost constant basis. Plus, I get the privilege of looking (as everyone says) JUST like her! And, I'm grateful for that because she's a babe.
4. Tin foil dinners are AMAZING. Enough said.
5. Procrastination is foolish.
It's also stressful, time consuming in a way you never anticipate, and makes everything worse. Including your work and mood.
6. Making new friends is wonderful!
I love people, and learning about them, loving them for who they are and being able to serve and make people happy is awesome. I'm so glad the Lord didn't put me on this earth alone, because I would probably never change or become a better person. I'm also grateful for new friends that set a good example for me.
7. There's nothing quite like spending time and talking with old friends.
When you can just be perfectly yourself, and they love you because of and in-spite of it. When you can talk about anything that comes to your mind without worrying about how they'll react or think! It's an amazing thing. Family is the same way, they're the oldest friends I have.
8. I would know if someone had been in or was in my house if they moved anything in my kitchen.
I came home from church today, thinking that I was home alone, and realized that the cereal on the counter had been moved. And the funnies had been folded up and replaced by the main section (same locations almost exactly, mind you) on the table. I froze and started yelling, "HELLO!!! Who is HERE?!"
My dad groaned from upstairs. Apparently he was home sick and had just come down for something to eat. I will admit though, I was a wee bit proud of myself for noticing.
9. Group dates are great :)
Especially when they involve awesome people, singing, and bowling... all at the same time. :) gotta love it!
10. When your friend goes to China and then comes back, you WILL be happy to see him.
11. The General Relief Society Broadcast was AMAZING. I have such a great love for President Thomas S. Monson. What an incredible man, to have the ability to invoke love from millions of people that have never met him. I am excited to one day sit down beside him and talk with him, whenever that may be.
That's all I've got for right now... Haha I'm sure there's more but I can't think of it.
Life is great. Conference is going to be Awesomespice (as always), and it's this coming weekend!
You are all wonderful people, Carry on :)