Sunday, May 30, 2010

Love from an Unexpected Source

Sometimes life gives you beautiful moments. You’re just walking along, minding your own business and then life hands you a big batch of already made lemonade. It is a wonderful experience, my friends.

Well, to get to the point, one of these moments was handed to me to today. I was with two of my beautiful roommates in IF at the mall. My roomie Karen needed to get new shirts because she hadn’t gone shopping since she got off of her mission and was in desperate need of some new stuff. Who waits a full year to go shopping after you get off a mission? Karen does that’s who! But anyways, I was meandering through Wet Seal as she shopped when she and Peyton went into the dressing rooms. I stood near the entrance waiting there for them as they tried on the clothing when I turned around to wander around I turned to see the beautiful little face of a downs girl. She was grinning wildly as she shakes the hand of a woman standing nearby that had been smiling at her. She smiles and giggles as happy a clam to be sitting in a cart the shape of a car with eyes for headlights and seeing all of these people. As she’s shaking hands I walk around her cart watching and smiling along with everyone else when all of the sudden she reaches out and grabs my hand to shake it. I turn to give her my full attention when she unexpectedly pulls my arm in real close so my face is right there, gives me a HUGE kiss and then shouts out, “PRINCESS!” She then starts chatting away unintelligibly. It was adorable. It was uplifting things to hear such a precious daughter of our Heavenly Father call me something so sweet. I am a daughter of god and she most definitely is too, one of the most precious. It was one of those moments where you needed to hear something that you didn’t even realize you needed to hear. A tender mercy of the Lord. I love my Heavenly Father and I am constantly reminded that he loves me too. I may not always feel like I’m good enough, but I’m always enough to feel like I’m good. I don’t really have anything else to say for this post, I just thought I’d share my joy :D




No comments:

Post a Comment